Friday, July 27, 2007

We Love The Beach!

The following picture is my "little" brother... as far back as I can remember, every time we go to the beach he digs a huge hole. He, however, is getting far to big to fit in said hole. He certainly likes to try anyway :)
I love being near the coast, especially when it is the off season for tourists but we still manage to squeak in visits during the busy season. Going to the beach is one of my favorite things to do in summer. I know of many back road and little known places to go too. We have a lot of history in our area so we learn a lot. Now that I am older I enjoy learning about the local history, however , my children like just going to the beach but good ol' mom always makes it a history lesson. You can take the mom out of the Homeschool but not the homeschool out of the mom ;)


This is Lauren enjoying said hole.

Max following suit...his hat makes me think of the movie "the Sandlot".

Then Jillian...always seems to look away for pictures.



Finally we have Kara...a.k.a. Fifi...she could get lost in this...



I on the other hand have more pounds to lose until I try:0

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

ooooh-jealous jealous! I have only felt an oceans' sand on my feet twice in my lifetime. These pictures almost make you FEEL it yourself!

I think it is a GREAT idea to do a blog with mother and daughter. Very neat.